Ir al contenido principal

Post 5 - A photograph and its story

Hello, everyone! For post 5, you have to write about a meaningful photograph of yours. The length of your posts should be in no less than 150 words. Remember to leave comments and put up the photo.
Try to say:
  • what we can see in the picture
  • when the picture was taken
  • what happened at the moment someone took the picture or what you were doing at that moment 
  • How you felt
You might find some useful info by checking out: http://learnenglishteens.britishcouncil.org/exams/speaking-exams/describe-photo-or-picture

C Minor

On a previous post, I said that when I was much younger, I was really into literature, especially into writing poetry. Well, so I think this is the best chance I have to tell you about it.
I liked writing poems at school, but I never dared go a step further. So, I just used to write some verses on notepads that no one would ever read or know about, except the girlfriend I had at that time. The thing is that this girlfriend and I used to attend poetry workshops offered at the municipalities of La Florida and Puente Alto. So, by attending those workshops regularly, I then realized that my poems were actually very good. Most of the participants and teachers at these poetry workshops used to praise my creations. I was then encouraged to enter some poetry contests. I decided to participate in one called 'Poesía Joven' (Poetry for Youngsters) at the University of Valparaiso in 2003, if my memory serves me right. I did not win that contest, but one of the poems I sent was selected for the poetry catalogue. I was more than happy. I was flying high! I could not believe it. My silly poems were valued by people other than my girlfriend and fellow workshop mates. So, the following year - as you can imagine, I participated once again. 'Do Menor' (C Minor) was my award-winning poem. The other one I sent was also included in the catalogue. Perhaps I will show you my poems one day. Should I do it? Probably not.
In the picture, although you can't see the actual poem, there's a beautiful best-try-poet-pose of me holding a glass of red wine. It couldn't be much better!

Comentarios

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Post 3 - What's you favourite piece of technology?

Hello, my dear explorers! The post assignment for this week is: What is your favourite piece of technology? The idea is to develop a quite convincing argument about the piece of technology you personally think it makes your life easier or more confortable if you like. Please, include: What it is When you got it How you use it. How often you use it Why you like it What life would be like without it Posdata: Your post should have no less than 140 words include a picture leave a comment on three of your classmates' posts and another one on your teacher's post as well To be perfectly honest, I am not the kind of person who is really into the latest technology advances. I do not really care about the latest smart mobile phones, TV screens, cars, or even washing machines, being advertised everywhere and everytime. But, I do not deny the fact that technology has changed our lives for better efficient ends. Personally, I do believe that computers with inte

Post 4 - What are some of your favourite hobbies / pastimes?

Dear all, for today's post you have to talk about some of your favourite hobbies / pastimes. If you have any doubts about the difference between these two concepts check out this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaImfgb37vA Try to include the following pieces of information on your posts: what it is/ they are why you like it / them when your passion for it / them began How often you spend time on it /them other important details you deem necessary to write about. This time a quality post should have no less than 140 words. And remember to leave comments on three of your classmates' posts and one on mine. A Bloody Mantra! I've noticed that I tend to have fewer and fewer hobbies as I grow older. Say I'm fast becoming a sort of minimalist without consciously wanting to be such. There is no doubt that having a hobby is investing a lot of time and money in it. So, okay, you have to keep it humble if you don´t have much of any of them.  A